Oregon SHIBA offers presentations to groups that work with people who are eligible for Medicare. This includes retirees who want help with Medicare choices. Organizations that have found our presentations helpful include the following:
- Hospital and clinics
- School districts
- County health departments
- State agencies
- Chambers of commerce
- Human resource and payroll professionals
- Senior and retiree groups
- Oregon Health Plan/Marketplace community partner organizations
- Other volunteer organizations
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all 2021 in-person meetings, presentations, and trainings have been canceled. Virtual options are still available as follows.
Learn the A, B, C, and D’s of Medicare. Find out when and how to enroll and gain an understanding of costs. Get information on where Medicare recipients in your community can go for help.
Presented by Oregon state SHIBA office:
- Thursday, June 10 from 10 a.m. to noon
- Thursday, July 15 from 10 a.m. to noon.
- Wednesday, Aug 4 from 2 to 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept 15 from 10 a.m. to noon.
- Wednesday, Oct 6 from 10 a.m. to noon.
Welcome to Medicare
National Welcome to Medicare Event – June 23, 2021 from noon to 4 p.m.
Learn about signing up for Medicare. Registration for this free event opens in February. Visit
https://www.shiptacenter.org/about-medicare/news to find out more.
This virtual Medicare fair is for people new to Medicare. Learn about Medicare – and all its parts - to assist you in your initial enrollment decisions.
Get trusted, unbiased Medicare education to help you make Medicare choices that best meet your needs. There will be national expert presenters on Medicare eligibility, enrollment, and coverage options. There will also be experts from your state health insurance assistance program to answer your individual questions.