Open enrollment for 2017 is now closed. However, if you experience certain life changes – such as losing employer-sponsored coverage or getting married – you may be eligible for a Special Enrollment Period. Visit HealthCare.gov or get expert help to learn more.
Step One: Get Ready
- You will need to have the following documents and information together to sign up for the COFA Premium Assistance Program:
- I-94 number.
- Social Security number or Alien Resident number (if you have one).
- Passport from the Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia or Republic of Palau.
- Proof of Oregon address (driver’s license, state ID, etc.).
- Pay stubs or W-2 forms from your job.
- Information about health insurance that you can get through an employer.
- OHA eligibility notice (Form OHA 640F) that shows you do not qualify for the Oregon Health Plan.
- If you have a HealthCare.gov account, gather the user name and password. If you were enrolled in a qualified health plan for 2016, you have a Healthcare.gov account.
- Check if your preferred provider is in the network of the insurance carriers covering your county.
Step Two: Apply for the Oregon Health Plan (OHP)
- Visit OregonHealthCare.gov to see if you qualify for OHP+. You can also get in-person assistance in any of the upcoming enrollment events listed above.
- If you are eligible for OHP+, apply for health insurance coverage through OHP.
- If you have been denied OHP+, you can apply for the COFA Premium Assistance Program.
Step Three: Get Free Help
Step Four: Get Health Insurance
Apply for the COFA Premium Assistance Program
- Submit your completed COFA Premium Assistance Program application form by mail or fax. Or, your community partner or agent can submit it for you.
You can also get in-person assistance in any of the upcoming enrollment events listed above.
Visit HealthCare.gov to apply for and enroll in a Program-approved plan starting Nov. 1, 2016
- Application form
- Additional family members form
- Consent for assistance form (if a community partner of agent helped you with your application)
- Authorized representative form
Submit proof you enrolled in a program-approved plan by printing a screen shot from your HealthCare.gov account and mailing it to the COFA Program. Screen shots should be taken from either the “Congratulations” screen or “My Plans & Programs” screen.
Step Five: Use your 2017 Health Insurance