2017 Oregon COFA Premium Assistance Program Overview
Chuukese | Marshallese | Palauan | Pohnpeian
The Compact of Free Association (COFA) Premium Assistance Program provides free health insurance for low-income citizens of the Republic of Marshall Islands, the Federated State of Micronesia, and the Republic of Palau who live in Oregon under the compact.
How it works
The State of Oregon pays for the enrollee’s share of premiums for standard silver-level health insurance plans purchased through HealthCare.gov. The plans cover doctor’s visits, emergency care, preventative care (such as mammograms and screenings for blood pressure and diabetes), prescriptions and much more. Enrollees do not pay any bills for accepted in-network services.
Who is eligible
To be eligible, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- At least 19 years old;
- Currently not pregnant;
- Citizen of the Republic of Marshall Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia or Republic of Palau who entered the United States under the COFA;
- Resident of Oregon;
- Earn less than the amount in the table below for their family size;
- Not eligible for the Oregon Health Plan+ or Medicare;
- Not eligible for coverage under an employer-sponsored health plan;
- Not eligible for coverage under a health plan as an active military enlistee, a retired military personnel, or a dependent of an active or retired military enlistee;
- Not enrolled in coverage available through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs or TRICARE; and
- Eligible for advanced premium tax credits and cost-sharing reductions available through HealthCare.gov.
How to apply 2017 enrollees
Contact us at:
COFA Premium Assistance Program
Oregon Health Insurance Marketplace
P.O. Box 14480
Salem, OR 97309
1-855-268-3767 (toll free) from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday, except holidays