The Oregon Health Insurance Marketplace Advisory Committee provides guidance and feedback to the Oregon Department of Consumer and Business Services about issues affecting Oregon’s health insurance marketplace such as outreach, customer feedback, and insurance plan affordability.
The committee also provides annual reports to the Oregon Legislative Assembly and holds open meetings that provide a forum for public discussion.
For more information about the advisory committee, contact Victor Garcia, committee coordinator, at 971-283-1878 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The advisory committee consists of 13 members appointed by the governor and confirmed by the Oregon Senate, representing insurers, insurance producers, navigators, health care providers, businesses, consumer advocacy groups, enrollees in health plans, and medical assistance agencies. The Department of Consumer and Business Services director and Oregon Health Authority director are ex-officio members. Committee members are appointed for a two-year term.
- ex-officio - Patrick Allen, Director, Department of Consumer and Business Services
- Shonna Butler, life and health insurance broker, Tomlin Benefit Planning, Inc., Eugene
- Cindy Condon, health plan enrollee, Salem
- Joe Enlet, organizing director, COFA Alliance National Network, Portland
- ex-officio – Mark Fairbanks, Chief Financial Officer, Oregon Health Authority
- Dan Field, senior director, Community Benefit and External Affairs, Kaiser Permanente Northwest
- Joe Finkbonner, Executive Director, Northwest Portland Area Indian Health Board, Portland
- Jim Houser, owner, Hawthorne Auto Clinic, Portland
- Sean McAnulty, Project Access Now
- Ken Provencher, CEO, PacificSource Health Plans
- Jesse O’Brien, policy director, OSPIRG, Portland
- Shanon Saldivar, insurance agent, Revell Coy Insurance, The Dalles
- Claire Tranchese, training development manager, Oregon Primary Care Association
- Maria Vargas, outreach manager, Valley Family Health Care, Ontario
All advisory meetings will include a period for public testimony. If you are unable to attend in person, and would like to testify by phone, please contact Victor Garcia at 971-293-1878 or email@example.com
Note: To receive email updates when agendas are issued, sign up for the Oregon Health Insurance Marketplace Administrative Rules mailing list.
Jan. 26: Lincoln City, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Liberty Inn Lincoln City, Conference Room
4990 N.E. Logan Road
Lincoln City, Oregon 97367
Feb. 9: Marketplace Assessment Rule Advisory, 1:30 p.m.
- Director’s Office Conference room
350 Winter St NE
Salem, Oregon 97301
April 6: Eugene, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. (Location TBD)
June 8: Klamath Falls, 8:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. (Location TBD)
Sept. 22: Bend, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. (Location TBD)
Nov. 30: Portland, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. (Location TBD)
Labor and Industries Building, Room 260
350 Winter St. NE Salem 97301
Wildhorse Resort and Casino, Cayuse Room
46510 Wildhorse Blvd. Pendleton, 97801
WorkSource Oregon, Eugene
2510 Oakmont Way Eugene, 97401
Riverhouse on the Deschutes, Convention Center,
Cascade Room C
2850 Rippling River Ct. – Bend, OR 97703
1 p.m. to 4 p.m., in Room 918 of the Portland State Office Building,
800 N.E. Oregon St., Portland