The Department of Consumer and Business Services (DCBS) has convened an advisory committee as described by section 4 of House Bill 4071 (HB 4071) of 2016. The committee will advise DCBS in the development, implementation, and operation of the COFA Premium Assistance Program ("Program").
The Program will provide financial assistance to enable low-income citizens of the island nations in the Compact of Free Association (COFA) who are residing in Oregon to purchase qualified health plan coverage through the health insurance exchange and to pay out-of pocket costs associated with the coverage.
The committee will be asked to make recommendations in the following program areas:
- Program administration;
- Outreach and education campaigns;
- Application and enrollment assistance;
- Rulemaking related to the passage of HB 4071; and
- Reporting to the Oregon legislature as described in section 6 of HB 4071;
The committee may also be asked to provide recommendations to DCBS for other actions as they are identified.
The committee charter outlines additional logistics, including committee composition and timeline. For more information about the advisory committee, contact Chiqui Flowers, COFA Premium Assistance Program Manager, at 503-884-6017 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kianna Angelo, President, COFA Alliance National Network (Co-Chair)
- Aaron Bals, Director, Regulatory Affairs, Providence Health Plan (Co-Chair)
- David Anitok, Community Organizer, COFA Alliance National Network
- Dallas Bailey, Member Services Strategic Consultant, Cambia Health Solutions / BridgeSpan
- Theresa Barney, Manager of Operations & Health Care Reform, Sales & Account Services, MODA
- Joe Enlet, Board Member, COFA Alliance National Network
- Ted Falk, Senior Assistant Attorney General, Department of Justice
- Sen. Fred Girod, Senator, Oregon Legislature
- Loyd Henion, Board Member, COFA Alliance National Network
- Shane Jackson, Lobbyist, Jackson Government Relations
- Kathleen Jonathan, English Language Learner Assistant, Salem-Kaizer School District
- Rep. Bill Kennemer, Representative, Oregon Legislature
- Virginia Luka, Co-Chair, Micronesian Islander Community
- Sean McAnulty, Certified Healthcare Application Assister, Project Access Now
- Bennie Moses-Mesubed, Multicultural Center Director, Eastern Oregon University
- Paulina Perman, Board Member, COFA Alliance National Network
- Rev. Joseph Santos-Lyons, Executive Director, Asian Pacific American Network of Oregon
- Cathie Skreen, Director of Membership Administration, Kaiser Permanente
- Antonio Torres, Community Engagement Coordinator, Oregon Health Authority
- Matthew Woodbridge, Insurance Agent, Valley Insurance Professionals
The committee meetings are open to the public. The meetings will be held in the Labor and Industries building, 350 Winter St. NE, Salem, OR.
- October 26, 2016, 10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Limited time is available at each meeting to present comments in person. Whether individuals submit comments in person or not, all individuals who wish to submit public comment are strongly encouraged to do so in writing via email to email@example.com